Sunday 25 October 2015

Stents and sensibility

For the millions worldwide who have been thirsting after my pearls of wisdom, apologies. In fact 'there's been trouble at t'mill', the mill being my heart. A visit to Angie O'Gram at Northampton General Hospital confirmed that a blood vessel perilously close to the heart was severely restricted and I was passed over to Oxford, where a stent was duly inserted. The good news is that I am now I'm as right as a trivet (What does that mean?) but the bad news is that I'll soon be blogging again. To every silver cloud there is a dark lining, as the man said when his mother-in-law died and he got lumbered with the funeral expenses.

I'm to take it easy for two or three days and then gradually increase my exercise, so I'll soon be poring over lichens, mosses and divers other exciting organisms. Heigh ho!

Lots of good wishes have arrived from friends, and for their support I'm very grateful.

Tony


E-mail: diaea@yahoo.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment